Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Book Spine Poem

"Tangerine Wrestling"






An Abundance of Katherines
Tangerine
I, Q: Independence Hall
Wrestling Sturbridge
Pictures of Hollis Woods

The main point of this poem is to, in essence, be a gigantic mind bender. It's about pictures of independent tangerines wrestling. Does that make sense? It's not supposed to, and yet, it is also supposed to. It's a coherent sentence about a nonsensical topic. If you haven't somehow discovered the secret of antimatter or something stemming from nonsensical poems, you should have.

The theme of my poem is "complete nonsense making sense." It's a trope used, as I said earlier, to bend minds and discover secrets, and it is also a staple of low-quality children's books. If what I'm saying makes no sense, go stare at a hypnotizing image for about ten minutes and call me in the morning.
See you on Open Mike Friday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment