Friday, March 31, 2017

Third Quarter Reflection Blog

     Something I've accomplished this quarter that I'm proud of is my butterfly. It took a fair few hours to make, and has a bit of a story behind it (not related to the material it's based off of). To prevent this blog post being absurdly long, I'll just give you the highlight reel:
  • My sister accidentally decapitated one of the prisoners
  • The platform they're standing on is rigged through the inside of the tower
  • We repeatedly messed up with the paint
  • The project is 95% supported by tacky glue

      Despite these internal issues, crafting catastrophes, and production problems, it turned out awesome. Due to my complete and utter lack of artistic talent, I was quite surprised by this. The project's Thinglink tags also worked well, despite the random coding error. Overall, it was perfect, and I wouldn't change a thing if I could.
      The most challenging part of 3rd quarter was staying on top of the Holocaust research tasks and other larger assignments with no set due date. The reason for this was that there were gaps between the assignment of new tasks, and getting ahead didn't make much sense either, as we were already dealing with Night more frequently than the tasks. I overcame this by simply asking when exactly they were due, and worked around that as I usually do. I did eventually manage to get those done, but it was kind of annoying. Regardless of that, I'm good now.
      The area I've made my biggest improvements in would have to be...hmm...I don't really know. I've gained more knowledge, but that's general. I've done more work, but that just gave me more experience. It appears that I've plateaued, which is fine. Sometimes you don't make noticeable improvements, you just stay where you are. If you're on top of things, that's fine, and it certainly appears I've remained atop things. That's really all I have to say on the subject.
Have a great spring break, everyone!

[I keep trying to put an image, but since it never works, I'm going to stop trying.]

No comments:

Post a Comment