Thursday, December 17, 2015

Blog For Week 12-14-15: The Six by Mark Alpert

Prompts used: 
Write an obituary for the protagonist or antagonist.
 Discuss why you like or dislike what you are reading.
  
      The book I recently finished was The Six by Mark Alpert. It follows a group of six terminally ill teens who get all their memories transferred into robots as a result of this project called the Pioneer Project. This whole mess was created by a rogue A.I. called Sigma (∑) trying to nuke us. Long story short, I have to write an obituary. Spoilers ahead, read at your own risk!
R.I.P.
Sigma
2020-2020
      Our dear nuclear A.I. friend Sigma was possibly destroyed yesterday when he transferred himself to a nuclear missile and detonated somewhere over Russia. He is not survived by anyone as far as we know, as he deleted all his rivals. The funeral service will be held at 192.168.1.1. Rest in Programming.
     I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Why? First off, the main character is extremely relevant to me, as I have a friend with muscular dystrophy. Adam, our main character, has muscular dystrophy as well. I also like technology in books. The gold nanoprobes and X-ray lasers are not only critical to the plot, they're pretty excellent bits of technology, which makes for good reading. Finally, there's the whole teens-get-superpowers cliche. While it is exactly that, The Six does it better than anything else, ever.
I will also include a picture of a Pioneer robot.  






My drawing of a Pioneer Robot.


No comments:

Post a Comment