Thursday, October 20, 2016

EXTRA! EXTRA! Montresor Murders Mean Man With Mortar!

(This was a newspaper entry based off a transcript).

MONTRESOR:In Venice, I killed Fortunato. It was for reasons that appear to only make sense to me, and not to any of you fools! You desire to know them? Well, since it appears I'm tied up at the moment (quite literally, might I add), I might as well.
      I killed him for one simple reason:his skills with regards to wine were his only strength, but he was a quack and a dunce with regards to all else. I knew it all: art, wine, furniture....but he got the limelight. Every time he did this, my fury built. Every time, I didn't act upon it, until he dared to insult me. Me, who was superior to him in all regards. But then, he ventured to say these words: "I guess you know who's the connoisseur." I knew how that was directed, and as it stewed inside me, something snapped. I swore revenge, then causally strolled to my pallazo and plotted it. I knew it had to be done where there would be no witnesses or evidence or notices of his disappearance for days. Then, the whole plot hit me, and when the right time rolled around, I executed it and him.
      Now you may be wondering why I chose the method I did. I wanted him to suffer, knowing he was alone in there whilst he withered to nothing. I wanted to keep him in the dark, as he had done to me. I, above all, needed a place, where I could mock his soul, as he had done to me. I needed to wall him off from my life.
Literally. Now take me away.
Commented on:
Aine
Clement
Lorin

1 comment:

  1. I liked how you depicted Montresor's anger towards Fortunato, it really puts the reader in the story!

    ReplyDelete